Lead C++ Software Engineer DescriptionJob #: 90740
Do you have a software engineering background and strong knowledge in C++? Are you an open-minded professional with good English skills? If it sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Lead C++ Software Engineer.
Our team is responsible for the integrity of the software that delivers the world's most reliable, timely and accurate financial data. More than 4,500 developers rely on our client to provide the core foundation and data required for their applications. Our work environment is fast-paced, spirited, friendly and collaborative. On our team, you will learn about state-of-the-art large-scale development infrastructure, work with field experts, and get insight into the heart of client's financial engine.
We’re currently in the process of upgrading a large number of software assets. The project will involve communication with multiple engineering teams, the migration of code to modern infrastructure, creation of project summary documentation, and the development of scripts to support all the above.
As the Development Team Lead, you will spend 15 to 20% of your time mentoring and helping developers through issues, assign tasks, run daily standups and collaborate closely with the Delivery Manager on team status and escalations as well as get assigned development tasks. There will also be the need to participate in client technical meetings.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinating, planning, rolling out and testing updates to the production system
- You will also have the opportunity to learn the challenges in design and maintenance of large scale enterprise systems
- Developing expertise in CMake, git, C++ build troubleshooting, and Python
- You'll have the opportunity to extend our existing infrastructure. This will include modifying or developing code using CMake, Python, and frameworks of the Jenkins ecosystems
- Complete projects that required significant communication skills and the ability to work with a team
- Collaboratively document tasks consistent with industry standards, project specific design principles and frameworks
- Working with engineering and product teams across the company and understand their application requirements and data access patterns
- Being willing to tackle new challenges, learn new technologies quickly
What You Have
- 4+ years working with in C/C++
- Honest approach to problem-solving, and ability to collaborate with peers, stakeholders and management
- Ability to write technical documentation on systems and processes is essential
- Aptitude for writing scripts to automate repetitive tasks
- Familiarity with CMake
- System admin experience
- Experience with Git and Jenkins pipelines
- Experience with Python scripting
- WORK & LIFE BALANCE. Enjoy more of your personal time with flexible & remote work options, 24 working days of annual leave and paid time off for numerous public holidays
- CONTINUOUS LEARNING CULTURE. Develop your hard & soft skills with internal training and mentorship opportunities, sponsored professional certification, and access to 18,000+ LinkedIn courses
- CLEAR & DIFFERENT CAREER PATHS. Grow in engineering or managerial direction to become a People Manager, in-depth technical specialist, Solution Architect, or Project/Delivery Manager
- GLOBAL RELOCATION OPPORTUNITIES. EPAM has presence in more than 50 countries globally. Explore opportunities to relocate to a new country, and EPAM will provide relocation support for you and your family
- COMPETITIVE BENEFITS. Benefit from a competitive salary, private health insurance, employee stock purchase plan, special discount programs, plus, internal wellbeing programs to take your career to the next level
- STRONG PROFESSIONAL COMMUNITY. Join a global EPAM community of highly skilled experts and connect with them to solve challenges, exchange ideas, share expertise and make friends
- EPAM is the foremost global digital transformation services provider with over 55,600 EPAMers in more than 50 countries. Since 1993, our multidisciplinary teams have been helping make the future real for our clients and communities around the world. In 2018, we opened an office in Spain that quickly grew to over 1,500 EPAMers distributed between the Málaga office and remotely across the country. Here you will collaborate with multinational teams, contribute to numerous innovative projects, and have an opportunity to learn and grow continuously