Senior Security SOC Engineer DescriptionJob #: 90149
Do you have a systems engineering background and strong experience in Security? Are you an open-minded professional with good English skills? If it sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Senior Security Systems Engineer (SOC).
Our project is looking for a Security SOC and/or Incident Analyst to help protect our critical assets against any cyber threat. Our Security team will monitor networks and systems, detect security threats, respond to Information Security Incidents, and help maintain our security posture. They are specialists in analytics, threat hunting, and containment.
Most of their time, they will work during core business hours but also regularly on-call outside of business hours and on weekends.
For this role, remote work across Spain is possible.
What You’ll Do
- Monitoring client's systems for security threats and identify, analyze, and respond to Security Incidents
- Supporting the mitigation of detected zero-day vulnerabilities to maintain our client's high-security standard
- Building and maintaining client's capability to enable data and intelligence-driven approach to defensive security operations and grow your expertise by training and owning incident response activities
- Preparing our client to respond to information Security Incidents by developing and maintaining our incident response playbooks and providing recommendations for other necessary documentation, such as standard operating procedures
What You Have
- You have 4+ years of working experience as a SOC Analyst or a Security Incident Analyst, responding independently to incidents in a 24/7 shift setup
- Ability to size up a situation, assess the effectiveness of various mitigation tactics, and make rapid decisions on appropriate incident response actions
- Experience in security monitoring, detection, and analysis methodologies and technologies, including; network-based intrusion detection systems, endpoint and extended detection and response solutions (EDR/XDR), web application and network firewalls and SIEM systems
- You can convince with working knowledge of protecting assets on the cloud and working with Kubernetes on AWS. Preferably, you gained experience with AWS native security tools
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and a proven track record for successfully dealing with senior stakeholders
- Strong knowledge and experience working with:
- Exabeam Advanced Analystics and Datalake (SIEM)
- Palo Alto Cortex XDR
- Amazon GuardDuty
Nice to have
- Google Workspace admin Investigation tool
- Amazon Detective
- Google Workspace admin
- Active Directory Users and Computers
- Amazon Virtual private cloud
- WORK & LIFE BALANCE. Enjoy more of your personal time with flexible & remote work options, 24 working days of annual leave and paid time off for numerous public holidays
- CONTINUOUS LEARNING CULTURE. Develop your hard & soft skills with internal training and mentorship opportunities, sponsored professional certification, and access to 18,000+ LinkedIn courses
- CLEAR & DIFFERENT CAREER PATHS. Grow in engineering or managerial direction to become a People Manager, in-depth technical specialist, Solution Architect, or Project/Delivery Manager
- GLOBAL RELOCATION OPPORTUNITIES. EPAM has presence in more than 50 countries globally. Explore opportunities to relocate to a new country, and EPAM will provide relocation support for you and your family
- COMPETITIVE BENEFITS. Benefit from a competitive salary, private health insurance, employee stock purchase plan, special discount programs, plus, internal wellbeing programs to take your career to the next level
- STRONG PROFESSIONAL COMMUNITY. Join a global EPAM community of highly skilled experts and connect with them to solve challenges, exchange ideas, share expertise and make friends
- EPAM is the foremost global digital transformation services provider with over 55,600 EPAMers in more than 50 countries. Since 1993, our multidisciplinary teams have been helping make the future real for our clients and communities around the world. In 2018, we opened an office in Spain that quickly grew to over 1,500 EPAMers distributed between the Málaga office and remotely across the country. Here you will collaborate with multinational teams, contribute to numerous innovative projects, and have an opportunity to learn and grow continuously