Senior Cloud Architect – (GCP & Financial Services) DescriptionJob #: 86216
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 and 2022 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM's global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 50 countries across six continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked four times as the top IT services company on Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies list. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age's top 25 World's Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest Growing Firm.
Learn more at www.epam.com and follow EPAM on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Are you an industry visionary and technologist at heart with a passion for designing complex hybrid cloud solutions? Are you a leader with multi cloud knowledge and strong technical background in Architecture design and GCP? Do you have great soft skills, strong stakeholder management and are you able to guide and advise the business and IT teams on the technical and organisational challenges of enterprise cloud transformation?
Then you have an opportunity to joins us as a Senior Cloud Architect, be part of a global EPAM GCP Cloud team and work with one of our biggest EPAM customers.
Bringing your expertise in containerization, architecture design and management skills, you will be leading the Hybrid Cloud Platform team, to build and implement containers strategies using Anthos for Public Clouds and on-prem environments. You will be working closely with experts from connected practices to ensure that your architecture design incorporates smoothly into the bigger, holistically designed solution whilst becoming a Subject Matter Expert in this field and playing an important role in the relationship with our customer.
- Work closely with business in identifying solution requirements and key case-studies/scenarios for the future solution
- Enable multi cloud journey, analyse TCO and create a business case, make the Cloud dream become reality
- Design and prototype cloud infrastructure, create infrastructure and security architecture document covering deep technical aspects of the implementation
- Create a unified strategy for cloud transformation governance, automation, security, implementation, and operations
- Analyse existing application and IT services portfolios, develop assets’ migration, transformation and automation roadmap
- Lead implementation of the solution from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live"
- Oversee the cloud system engineering efforts and provide technical help as needed
- Design and develop next-generation hybrid-cloud and multi cloud solutions, supervising their implementation, ensuring that the industry best practices are followed
- Work in a tight cooperation with GCP architecture and delivery team to ensure a successful implementation and transparent delivery of the projects
- Robust and consistent Cloud Strategy design aligned with business objectives
- Provide guidelines for infrastructure migration approaches and techniques including numerous applications migrations into the cloud and implementation of hybrid cloud solutions within regulated enterprise environments
- Day-to-day lead the client through the technical and organizational challenges of Cloud transformation
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry trends and best practices and create thought leadership on GCP solutions
- Hands-on multi cloud or GCP delivery experience in a Lead/Senior Architect position
- Google Cloud Platform Expertise in Financial Services Industry
- Technical expertise with Anthos Service Mesh
- Avid technologist, with strong technical background and deep expertise in modern cloud architecture
- A strong history of successful implementation of complex multi cloud or GCP solutions
- Experience architecting, designing, migrating workloads to the public cloud
- Multi-tier distributed architecture experience within IT consulting, IT operations, application development or support which includes migrating, architecting, operating on premises and cloud-based solutions, or experience transforming legacy IT solutions, and working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- A strong management and leadership skillset, experienced managing medium to large sized teams including budgeting, staffing, escalations, development
- Experience developing proper product approach for platforms and implement container strategies using Anthos (or other container platforms) for public cloud and on prem environments
- Ability to suggest competitive and innovative technical decisions, get client buy-in and deliver on commitments
- In-depth understanding and hands on experience with DevOps techniques and processes related to cloud solutions
- Extensive experience and understanding of Cloud FinOps
- Broad knowledge of troubleshooting approaches and driving-to-resolution technical integration issues across various platforms
- Experience in architecting and running consumer-facing applications in a hybrid, multi-cloud environment
- Strong written, verbal communication skills with ability to present technical ideas in business-friendly language
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- We offer a range of benefits including
- A competitive group pension plan, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance, private dental care and critical illness cover
- Cycle scheme Tech scheme and season ticket loan
- Employee assistance program
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Various perks such as Gym discount, Friday lunch, on-site massage and regular social events
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period