Senior Go Developer DescriptionJob #: 85848
EPAM is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and development services. We are committed to having a positive impact on our customers, our employees, and our communities. We embrace a dynamic and inclusive culture. Here you will collaborate with multicultural teams, contribute to a myriad of innovative projects that deliver the most creative and cutting-edge solutions, and have an opportunity to continuously learn and grow. No matter where you are located, you will join a dedicated, creative, and diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
As a Senior Go Engineer, you’ll lead the design and development of dependable applications that allow your clients to reach their business goals. You’ll work with top-tier cloud technologies and alongside a team of talented developers and DevOps professionals to create highly scalable and reliable solutions to solve the problems of the present and future.
OUR VALUE, OUR PEOPLE
We aim to deliver truly transformative solutions around the world, with top-notch technologies, in high-performance professional teams. But none of these would be possible without our people, and that’s where you come in.
As an EPAMer you will always be expanding your knowledge, facing, and addressing the biggest challenges, and becoming the best version of yourself, both personally and professionally.
What You’ll Do
- Design and develop features and enhancements in Go for our core Rancher product as k3s
- Collaborate with open-source users, customers, and our product management team to enhance existing products and create the next generation of our cloud-native platform
- Assist our world-class support team and active open-source community to solve real-world DevOps problems
- Work closely with teammates in design, code, and test-plan reviews to help build robust software and foster knowledge sharing
- Become an expert in cutting-edge cloud technologies such as (but not limited to): Kubernetes
- Implement and maintain meaningful tests written in Go and Python
- Participate in and contributing to agile methodologies and best practices
- Foster growth and engagement in our open-source community by interacting with users through our Slack channels, GitHub issues, and forums
What You Have
- A passion for learning and adopting new technologies
- The ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging challenging problems in complex distributed systems
- Knowledge of the Go programming language
- Skills in Kubernetes and other cloud native technologies
- Experience with or ability to learn public cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
- Knowledge of Linux
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent spoken and written English (B2)
- We trust our people. We believe in team distribution and that you know what you are doing, which is why you will be able to work remotely and have a flexible schedule
- We are both proud of working within a diverse and inclusive environment and acting in our role as an equal opportunities’ employer. You are welcome at EPAM for who you are
- You will be challenged while working side-by side with the best talent globally. We work with top-notch technologies, constantly seeking out new industry trends and best practices
- We are a global design community eager to share knowledge, experiences, and mentoring. You will learn, contribute, and grow with us
- How does it sound to know you can have a 20+year career with us constantly growing and without the need to look elsewhere? We offer access to learning platforms, classes, and workshops to support your development. You will be set up for success with our clear career paths and support in helping you achieve the goals you set for yourself, both personal and professional
- We seek improvement in a proactive manner. You have the freedom to make recommendations, suggestions or simply comment on things without the pressure of adhering to hierarchy or strict processes
- We work with a broad range of clients: Media, Entertainment, Life Sciences, Automotive, Finance, Technology, and Travel. You will play a key role in growing their business and potentially work in multiple new industries