Senior Software Engineer (Java) Remote
Senior Software Engineer (Java) DescriptionJob #: 82937
You are curious, persistent, logical and clever — a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Senior Software Java Engineer. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
OUR VALUE, OUR PEOPLE
We aim to deliver truly transformative solutions around the world, with top-notch technologies, in high-performance professional teams. But none of these would be possible without our people, and that’s where you come in.
As an EPAMer you will always be expanding your knowledge, facing and addressing the biggest challenges, and becoming the best version of yourself, both personally and professionally. We care about your development and to support your growth in the company, there are many career paths you can follow. Some of the positions you can grow into are Lead Software Engineer or any of our Advanced Engineering positions.
What You’ll Do
- Understand the client’s business model to implement an effective technological solution that generates a positive impact on the end-users and the organization in general.
- Analyze tracking data, logs, alerts, metrics, or any data that gives the client and the broader team the ability to enquire about the product's previous, current, and proposed state.
- Guide the client in the selection of the best technological path to take, to meet or exceed their needs.
- Work in collaboration with team members and the different business and technology areas to effectively respond to any queries raised and provide information that may support product development.
- Seek creative solutions for any client issues, both proactively and reactively.
- Efficiently document the construction phase of the product.
- Participate in defining requirements and specifications with the client.
What You Have
- An understanding of patterns in design and architecture.
- The technical capacity and drive to respond to the evolution of products.
- An advanced level in programming, server-side code in Java 8+, Scala, Python.
- Fluency in database technologies such as RDBMS like Oracle or Postgres and/or NoSQL like DynamoDB or Cassandra.
- Familiarity with cloud architecture patterns and hands-on experience of public cloud offerings (AWS, GAE, Azure).
- The ability to speak and write English (B2 level minimum).
Nice to have
- Improved medical coverage - EPAMers are eligible to participate in a supplementary health insurance program that shall have the usual coverage in the industry, with the Company funding 100% of the value of the monthly premium for participation
- Lunch Allowance - You will receive a daily allowance of CLP $ 7.000 per working day. Enjoy a nice meal on us
- Allowance for internet and electricity - You will receive an allowance of CLP$15.000 per month to cover internet and electricity expenses
- National Holiday Bonus - We celebrate joining the Chilean Market. That is why all our employees will receive a bonus of CLP $86,646 in September
- Christmas Bonus - You will receive an End of Year bonus of CLP $170,539. It will be paid during the month of December, to ensure you have a Happy Holiday!
- Learning Culture - We want you to be the best version of yourself, that is why we offer unlimited access to learning platforms, a wide range of internal courses, and all the knowledge you need to grow professionally
- Additional Income - Besides your regular salary, you will also have the chance to earn extra income by referring talent, being a technical interviewer, and many more ways
- Are you open to relocation? - If you want to relocate to another country and we have the right project, we will assist you every step of the way, to help you and your family, reach your new home
- We trust our people. We believe in team distribution and that you know what you are doing, which is why you will be able to work remotely and have a flexible schedule
- We are both proud of working within a diverse and inclusive environment and acting in our role as an equal opportunities’ employer. You are welcome at EPAM for who you are
- You will be challenged while working side-by side with the best talent globally. We work with top-notch technologies, constantly seeking out new industry trends and best practices
- We are a global design community eager to share knowledge, experiences, and mentoring. You will learn, contribute, and grow with us
- How does it sound to know you can have a 20+year career with us constantly growing and without the need to look elsewhere? We offer access to learning platforms, classes, and workshops to support your development. You will be set up for success with our clear career paths and support in helping you achieve the goals you set for yourself, both personal and professional
- We seek improvement in a proactive manner. You have the freedom to make recommendations, suggestions or simply comment on things without the pressure of adhering to hierarchy or strict processes
- We work with a broad range of clients: Media, Entertainment, Life Sciences, Automotive, Finance, Technology, and Travel. You will play a key role in growing their business and potentially work in multiple new industries