Director of Technology Solutions & Architecture London, UK
Director of Technology Solutions & Architecture DescriptionJob #: 66002
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 and 2022 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM's global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 50 countries across six continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked four times as the top IT services company on Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies list. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age's top 25 World's Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest Growing Firm.
Learn more at www.epam.com and follow EPAM on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Are you a seasoned technologist who would like to work in one of the world’s most well established but fastest growing technology and engineering businesses?
Are you hungry to thrive in an entrepreneurial and very fast moving environment?
If so, then EPAM has a great opportunity for a Director of Technology Solutions & Architecture in London to help enhance our footprint as part of the Global Delivery Organisation.
You will lead on large scale client projects across a wide array of technologies and business domains with modern software architecture and Agile implementation at the forefront
This is a great opportunity to work with EPAM’s senior global tech leaders where you will have the opportunity to help grow the practice in the UK and beyond.
You will work on existing/new client projects, help to engage new clients as well as leading wider technical teams who are aligned to key projects
The role requires a strong background in consulting, architecture and software development, building client relationship, customer engagement and stakeholder management resulting in new wins and increased footprint in strategic accounts
- Lead the implementation of Architecture solutions from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live"
- Provide Technology Consulting and Architecture services across different industry domains and technology solutions
- Provide Technical Governance across multiple projects and clients
- Provide Technology Consulting services covering areas such as Architectural review / audit and Architectural road-mapping
- Share network and knowledge both within the local/global Architecture Solution Practice
- During Architecture work, stay involved in the continuous process of solution/product road map planning, can make an influence on plans of business using reasonable technology-based motivation
- Provide leadership across Architecture, Technology, Strategy, IT Organizational Change Management
- Proactively develop and implement efficiency improvements
- Build credibility with clients in a specific domain – either new or existing
- Identify new business opportunities and craft relevant solutions
- Develop Technology Business Cases & Budgets
- Formulate and present the overall technology business case in relation to the overall business strategy
- Participate in the full cycle of pre-sale activities
- In the future, it is likely you may travel to different geographical regions to meet clients and EPAM teams
- Industry visionary and avid technologist at heart
- A senior proven leader who can lead a Technology/Architecture capability
- Proven experience acting as a hands-on Senior/Lead Solution Architect with a strong foundation in Software Engineering
- Excellent client-facing / onsite experience with the ability to influence and guide senior stakeholders on technical solutions combined with a consultative, problem solving approach
- Strong experience in hands-on large-scale platform delivery and architecture design
- Strong experience in leading and delivering technology streams for large scale complex transformation projects
- Excellent understanding of major functional capabilities across one or more industry sectors as well as common platform solutions leveraged across those sectors
- Contribute to the growth of the Architecture practice within EPAM and promotion to the clients and market
- Ability to execute and lead on rapid conceptual designs, proof-of-concepts and client presentation
- Well-versed in development of Enterprise and Solution Architecture, including governance, business drivers, technology and change management
- Deep understanding of architecture qualities such as: security, scalability, resiliency and availability in high performance low latency systems
- Strong experience with full life cycle of Disciplined Agile software development processes, approaches, delivery and methods (Java or Microsoft .NET) with scaling to the Enterprise
- Experience with Microservice based Architecture
- Experience designing applications and technology solution leveraging native Cloud services (e.g. Azure, AWS or GCP)
- Experience migrating, modernizing, integrating legacy platform in large enterprises
- Excellent documentation, presentation and communication skills
- Technical leadership in large multi-component, multi-team, multi-location projects
- Excellent commercial awareness and business acumen and budget management
- Strong experience of technology support for complex transformations using enterprise Agile delivery methods and frameworks, e.g. SAFe, DAD, LESS or other enterprise frameworks
- Experience designing enterprise services or integration capabilities using REST APIs and event-driven technology
- Responsible for hiring, team growth and management of your team efforts outside of their commercial delivery efforts
- Ability to manage teams’ workload in addition to client billable work
- Travel flexibility as the role will involve some degree of travel in the future
- Any recognitions from industry bodies with regards to relevant industry domain, technology, or delivery frameworks and methodologies (e.g. TOGAF, certifications, SAFe etc) will constitute an advantage
- We offer a range of benefits including
- A competitive group pension plan, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance, private dental care and critical illness cover
- Cycle scheme Tech scheme and season ticket loan
- Employee assistance program
- Various perks such as Gym discount, Friday lunch, on-site massage and regular social events
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period