Lead Data Engineer DescriptionJob #: 86632
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 and 2022 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM's global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 50 countries across six continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked four times as the top IT services company on Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies list. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age's top 25 World's Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest Growing Firm.
Learn more at www.epam.com and follow EPAM on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are looking for a Python with PySpark Engineer experienced with Databricks and Azure.
It is an exciting time to be a part of our client’s team based in Zurich, UK, Poland and India as they have multiple Big Data systems which they are recreating from scratch based on a cloud native methodology and many exciting technologies like PySpark and Databricks.
As part of the Group Treasury Technology, you would not only have a chance to interact in an Agile manner with data from around the words, but you would also gain incredible opportunities to learn about many business details.
- Provide technical solutions that will solve business problems at scale and strengthen our position as digital leaders in financial service
- Help us in our journey towards cloud native solutions based on Azure platform
- Bring together teams of analysts and engineers to build a new application
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing requirements and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
- Conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
- Plan and implement improvements to architecture, performance and security of the system
- 7+ years of total experience working as a software engineer
- 4+ years of experience programming in Python producing secure and clean code
- 3+ years of experience working with Big Data (Databricks, Spark)
- Analytical mindset to help defining tasks and cooperate with a product owner and the IT business
- Experienced designing solutions in a large scale for enterprise environment based on Azure
- Excellent understanding of data modelling, SQL and OLAP principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills to form productive and collaborative relationships
- Advanced English level
- On plus would be:
- Experience working as a part of a geographically distributed team
- Presentation skills for running workshops or demos for stakeholders
- Experience building efficient CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with implementing Liquidity and Funding quantitative models or other financial skills
- AZ-204 "Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate" or any advanced Azure certifications
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent with a focus in computer science or engineering
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Knowledge-sharing across EPAM's global Tech Communities
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Relocation support as per EPAM relocation policies
- EPAM Community with regular corporate and social events
- Career growth, performance and compensation reviews
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Please note that any offers will be subject to appropriate background checks
- We do not accept CVs from recruiting or staffing agencies
- For this position, we are able to consider applications from the following