Security Systems Engineer DescriptionJob #: 83275
You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Security Systems Engineer (SAST Security Development) . Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
- Design and develop custom CheckMarx rules
- Make technical design decisions with little supervision
- Actively communicate with the stakeholders to clarify requirements
- Communication with vendor representatives to investigate issues and define requirements
- Contribute to continuous delivery and integration pipeline infrastructure
- 4+ years of experience working with some modern programming language
- Good SDLC knowledge, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management (GIT), Agile development, build processes, testing and operations
- Understanding of different architectures (micro-service, monolith), using RESTful API design
- Experience with IoC frameworks
- Experience with legacy system
- Well established problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Hands-on experience with various SAST tools, preferably Checkmarx
- Experienced recommending and implementing vulnerability remediation for applications
- English B2 or higher
- Checkmarx has its own proprietary scripting language. It is easy to learn if you understand syntax of Java or C++ language. EPAM Digital Platform consists of 350+ products which mostly uses the following technologies: Java, C#, Ruby, Node, Spring (Data, Security), Maven, PostgreSQL, Prometheus, Docker, Kubernetes, Git
- Career plan and real growth opportunities
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- International Mobility Plan within 25 countries
- Constant training, mentoring, online corporate courses, eLearning and more
- English classes with a certified teacher
- Support for employee’s initiatives (Algorithms club, toastmasters, agile club and more)
- Enjoyable working environment (Gaming room, napping area, amenities, events, sport teams and more.)
- Flexible work schedule and dress code
- Collaborate in a multicultural environment and share best practices from around the globe
- Hired directly by EPAM & 100% under payroll
- Law benefits (IMSS, INFONAVIT, 25% vacation bonus)
- Major medical expenses insurance: Life, Major medical expenses with dental & visual coverage. (For the employee and direct family members)
- 13 % employee savings fund, capped to the law limit
- 30 days of salary End of Year bonus
- Grocery coupons
- 12 vacations days plus 3 floating days
- Official Mexican holidays, plus five extra holidays ( Maundry Thursday and Friday, November 2nd, December 24th & 31st
- Relocation bonus: transportation, 2 weeks of accommodation for you and your family and more
- Monthly non-taxable amount for the electricity and internet bills
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- By applying to our role, you are agreeing that your personal data may be used as in set out in EPAM´s Privacy Notice (https://www.epam.com/applicant-privacy-notice) and Policy (https://www.epam.com/privacy-policy)
About the ProjectThe goal of this project is to improve quality of automatic security testing solution that is based on Checkmarx SAST and other scanners.
You would work in secure code review area and create new SAST custom to improve source code scanner effectiveness.
This position is open for:
1. Middle/Senior software engineers who want to get more experience in security areas, modern automation tools for checking code quality.
2. Lead/Chief software engineers who want to grow in advanced engineering track.
3. Security test engineers with relevant SAST and secure code experience.
4. DevSecOps with relevant SAST and secure code review experience.