Lead DevOps Engineer DescriptionJob #: 82943
You are curious, persistent, logical and clever — a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Lead DevOps Engineer. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
OUR VALUE, OUR PEOPLE
We aim to deliver truly transformative solutions around the world, with top-notch technologies, in high-performance professional teams. But none of these would be possible without our people, and that’s where you come in.
As an EPAMer you will always be expanding your knowledge, facing and addressing the biggest challenges, and becoming the best version of yourself, both personally and professionally. We care about your development and to support your growth in the company, there are many career paths you can follow. Some of the positions you can grow into are Chief Systems Engineer I or II, among others.
What You’ll Do
- Design, build and maintain highly available production systems
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management systems
- Perform script updates due to changes in requirements or implementations
- Design, implement and improve monitoring and alerting system
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment
- Optimize system performance, availability, and scalability
- Assist in production support
- Collaborate with team members to improve developed tools, systems and procedures, and data security
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improve development delivery
What You Have
- Solid expertise working with at least one CI/CD tool: Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD (preferable), TeamCity, etc.
- Solid understanding of Cloud DevOps practices.
- Experience in Cloud Services.
- Experience in version control systems such as Git.
- Linux / Unix systems administration background.
- Advanced skill in production infrastructure troubleshooting, performance tuning, optimization, and bottleneck problem analysis.
- Kubernetes, Docker, Helm experience.
- Be proficient in written and spoken English (at least B2 level).
Nice to have
- Azure / AWS experience will be a plus.
- We trust our people. We believe in team distribution and that you know what you are doing, which is why you will be able to work remotely and have a flexible schedule
- We are both proud of working within a diverse and inclusive environment and acting in our role as an equal opportunities’ employer. You are welcome at EPAM for who you are
- You will be challenged while working side-by side with the best talent globally. We work with top-notch technologies, constantly seeking out new industry trends and best practices
- We are a global design community eager to share knowledge, experiences, and mentoring. You will learn, contribute, and grow with us
- How does it sound to know you can have a 20+year career with us constantly growing and without the need to look elsewhere? We offer access to learning platforms, classes, and workshops to support your development. You will be set up for success with our clear career paths and support in helping you achieve the goals you set for yourself, both personal and professional
- We seek improvement in a proactive manner. You have the freedom to make recommendations, suggestions or simply comment on things without the pressure of adhering to hierarchy or strict processes
- We work with a broad range of clients: Media, Entertainment, Life Sciences, Automotive, Finance, Technology, and Travel. You will play a key role in growing their business and potentially work in multiple new industries