Product Owner DescriptionJob #: 66468
As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked as the top IT services company on Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list for the last three consecutive years. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age’s top 25 World’s Largest Agency Companies and in 2020, Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest-Growing Firm.
Are you passionate about building Digital products? Are you looking to solve real world problems for market leading companies across wide range of industries?
Then you have an opportunity to work with the best-in-class engineering and design teams supporting you to shape the product vision. As a Product Owner you will play a vital role in shaping products of our customers that impact lives of millions of people worldwide.
You are curious, persistent, logical and enjoy crafting and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, keep reading to learn more about this exciting role!
Come and join EPAM where Engineering is in our DNA.
EPAM recruits exceptionally talented people who have a passion for and take pride in their work and are perfectionists in what they do. As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for helping famous blue-chip brands define their Product Strategy and Roadmap, turning them into Products that will bring real value to our client’s customers and their business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation who are investing further to expand our European Product Management & Business Analysis Practice. As an EPAM Product Owner you will have the opportunity to take responsibility for commercial relationships and deliver end to end solutions with leading edge software and digital technologies. In addition, you will be able to play a key role in shaping the practice as we continue to grow our Product Management capability.
We have immediate project demand across several new & existing customers both in the UK and Europe, who will be given the opportunity to work collaboratively with high profile clients across multiple business domains to deliver their leading edge products.
- Work with senior business stakeholders to define the Product Vision and Roadmap
- Use market analyses and data insights to identify growth and development opportunities
- Create and maintain the Product Backlog, prioritising according to business value
- Lead the Product planning process, creating realistic Release Plans and managing stakeholder expectations for the delivery of new Features
- Providing vision and direction to development teams, removing impediments and ensuring work focuses on maximising business value
- Provide backlog management and direction to sprint planning
- Elaborate User stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Serve as a subject matter expert and analyst/consultant, to understand customer’s needs, gather & document requirements
- Help clients understand the best mix of technologies, design solutions and services and how they should be delivered to maximise effectiveness
- Work and collaborate with various offshore and 3rd party suppliers, adapting your communications approach to meet the business demands
- Work to understand the intersection between technology, customers and business to cultivate business development opportunities
- Understand and stay abreast of current and emerging digital trends, unique opportunities and challenges of the space/markets and geographies in which the clients operate, and how it affects client’s business and initiatives
- Support from time to time in a consultative/pre-sales role on select digital engagements as needed and defined by the business and the client
- Core skills:
- You must have a product mindset, with a focus on delivering customer value
- Experience of launching several Products
- The relationship and communication skills to motivate and influence a wide range of EPAM and client stakeholders ranging from business leaders to software engineering teams
- Familiar with emerging digital trends and their application in the industry (Service Focus)
- Able to understand high level business ideas, impact assess and break them down to facilitate service design and delivery
- Strong Agile mindset and familiarity with other development methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Desirable skills - to prosper and thrive we believe you will need:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Desire to learn and build next-gen products with our client and team of excellent Engineers
- Ability to coach and mentor more junior members of the team
- Contribute towards EPAM Product Management & Business Analysis Competency
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Knowledge-sharing across EPAM's global Tech Communities
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Relocation support as per EPAM relocation policies
- EPAM Community with regular corporate and social events
- Career growth, performance and compensation reviews