Mainframe/Cobol Developer DescriptionJob #: 66249
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM’s global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 45 countries across five continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked as the top IT services company on Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list for the last three consecutive years. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age’s top 25 World’s Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest-Growing Firm.
Are you a Mainframe/Cobol Developer who is looking for the next exciting career move? Look no further than EPAM where we live and breathe technology.
The location for this opportunity is Zürich. The role is with our longstanding EPAM customer, where you will be able to plan the full cycle project infrastructure and design, decide which components the system will comprise – either ready, “out of the box” or developed from scratch.
- Agile/Scrum experience is a must
- Strong overall knowledge of IBM z/OS Mainframe
- SQL/DB2 knowledge and experience
- L3 support experience
- Relevant COBOL programming experience
- Ability to read/understand COBOL programs
- Strong software development background with minimum 5 years of recent hands-on development experience
- Nice to have experience with financial sector / investment banking
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
- Able to improve older code bases, as well as apply modern best practices to new projects
- Fluent English is needed
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Knowledge-sharing across EPAM's global Tech Communities
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Relocation support as per EPAM relocation policies
- EPAM Community with regular corporate and social events
- Career growth, performance and compensation reviews
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)