Lead Experience Designer DescriptionJob #: 65775
EPAM CONTINUUM partners with the world’s leading companies to imagine, design and engineer customer experiences & technology that transform businesses. As a senior practitioner within EPAM’s Digital Strategy & Experience Design team, the Lead Experience Designer plays a key role in helping to shape and define the design solutions that we bring to our clients. He or she also willing to take responsibility for managing more junior design professionals, is passionate to mentor and grow junior talent and contributing to mature design best practices. The right candidate is collaborative, experienced, professional, and highly motivated to constantly up their design game, and that of the team that they work with. This individual will be joining a large but tight-knit team: big egos and spotlight seekers need not apply!
This role demands deep level of understanding of design process right from upfront research, leveraging user insights for envisaging and designing solutions and collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams through implementation to make it real. The lead designer brings his/her expertise, applies best practices, thought leadership and executive communication skills to create better alignment in their shared vision and goals through design solution.
Lead Experience Designer effectively aligns the voice of users and business to the design process. He/ She is an advocate of user-led approach to shape purpose and success of the design solution with that of business objectives and technology.
Provides leadership to the design team. Owns and defines overall design direction and is accountable for all the design deliverables. Brings expertise and capabilities covering end to end user experience design spectrum from user journeys, information architecture, interaction design to detailed design. Works in iterative approach and uses low to high fidelity prototypes to communicate design concepts at various stages of project lifecycle.
Value the individuals – We encourage and motivate people to grow. We perceive our people as a source of our success;
Strive for excellence – We strive for the highest standards of excellence and continuously learn. We take pride in our engineering and accomplishments;
Act as a team – We treat one another with respect and encourage the best ideas to come from anywhere within the organization. We value our diversity;
Focus on Customers – We build long term customer relationships, as we strive to always understand our customers' business and needs;
Act with integrity – We operate legally, honestly and ethically. We take responsibility for our actions.
- 8-11 years of relevant experience
- Solid understanding of the end-to-end design process
- Innovative and contemporary design approach with a strong portfolio that reflects a depth and breadth of experience
- Unique design voice and the ability to help more junior designers find and express theirs in a project
- A systems-thinker with strong grasp of information architecture principles, categorization schemes, content/page hierarchy, taxonomy or similar
- A tendency leaning toward interactive prototyping over heaps of interaction design documentation
- Works with project leadership to plan approach, overall timelines, resourcing of designers, and deliverables for projects
- Strong time management skills, able lead design projects and people to success
- Experience owning and taking accountability for the design from concept to implementation
- Natural collaborator who seeks opportunities to include members of other teams
- Strong communication & presentation skills that extend from internal team to client-facing
- A great storyteller, ability to articulate and sell creative concepts rooted in sound design rationale
- Proactive, empathetic and inclusive
- Naturally solution-oriented and able to quickly adapt and offer ideas as project needs change
- Experience leading and managing team of designers is a plus
- Mindset of a project manager with an understanding of the SDLC process and agile, a plus
- Being data literate and with past experience applying data to improve their design, a plus
- Past experience contributing to pitch decks and other pre-sales documents, a plus
- In addition to English, having Mandarin and/or Cantonese fluency, a strong plus
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule
- Online training library, mentoring, career development and potential partial grant of certification
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Referral bonuses
- Compensation for sick leave and paid time off
- Opportunities for self-realization