DevOps Engineer DescriptionJob #: 61951
As a DevOps Engineer, you will live on the front lines of the products we create, and build features used by millions of people every day.
In the DevOps Engineer role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the development operations environment for one of our projects. Expected day-to-day tasks: review existing deployment process and propose improvements; design and implement deployment scripts/procedures; investigate existing deployment issues and identify responsibilities for a specific team member for particular classes of problems (Infrastructure, application, etc.); stabilize the release of application builds; incorporate "sanity checks" in deploy process/scripts to ensure stability; own content migration to populate test-environments.
Your challenges: improve the continuous integration process to make deploys consistently successful, fast, simpler to maintain; streamline/automate content migration from Prod to DEV/QA environments. This is a great opportunity to join early and influence the technology selection, design, and have ownership of the infrastructure.
This is a great opportunity for those who like a flexible approach. You can work in our office in Prague or remotely. The remote option applies only to the Candidates who will be working from any location in Czech Republic.
- Develop and apply CI/CD approach and tools
- Write infrastructure code and automation
- Using DevOps approach collaborate with developers, build and operate critical, highly loaded systems
- Support and operate highly available systems
- Monitor and support for servers and clients
- Maintenance, support and monitor of distributed environments
- Work on different types of remote projects. That covers different types of tasks
- 2+ years of experience in support/configuring of Linux/Unix servers
- Experience in using cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience in using auto configuration systems (Chef\Terraform\Cloud formation)
- Experience in using Kubernetes, Helm charts, Docker
- Good knowledge of Scripting: Bash, Ruby, Python, Powershell
- Understanding of CI/CD and project life-cycle principles
- At least Intermediate level of both spoken and written English (B1 and higher)
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, agile, software engineering culture
- English-speaking environment
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Comfortable modern offices in Prague 4 or remote work from any location in Czech Republic
- Benefit program (5 weeks of vacation, paid sick days, paid days off for special occasions, meal vouchers, flexi pass, Prague city public transport annual coupon, multisport cards, contribution to pension fund, health insurance for family member)
- English language courses
- Czech language courses upon request
- Relocation assistance
- Rotation program - possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects within 30 countries
- Referral bonuses for recommended candidates
- Mobile Phone Tariff’s program for managerial level candidates
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period