Lead Java Engineer DescriptionJob #: 57358
EPAM Ukraine is looking for a mature Java engineer to lead a development team in a growing account.
Our client is a multinational mass media and information company, a top global provider of financial software and risk solutions.
This position is for Java Lead with AWS experience and Spark skills. It will give you an opportunity to work with a complex, high-impact system/cloud/Big Data in a technical leadership role.
The product we are working on is a data service offering global-scale content, research and analytics (a historical market data service providing content for an extensive range of equities, indices, foreign exchange, fixed income, and derivatives instruments).
The project is related to migration of a client’s application to AWS. High-level scope is as follows:
• technical migration of the existing on-prem solution based on Hadoop to a strategic platform storing and processing the data to AWS cloud;
• implement a set of extensions and non-functional improvements (like performance) in the strategic solution;
• the new solution has been designed from scratch, EPAM team covers its development end-to-end starting with the requirements.
Planned team setup: a Scrum team including a Scrum Master/PM, 4 backend developers, 2 automation QAs, support of Solution Architect and BA.
As a tech lead you will be building and guiding the team, facing technical challenges, taking care of estimations and tasks distribution, communications with the clients and other engineering teams on the product development.
Project technologies and tools
- Java 8+, Spring Boot/Spring Cloud
- AWS (VPC, S3, EMR, Lambda, API gateway, EC2, ECS, CloudFront)
- Python/Robot Framework/Grinder Framework for testing
- 8+ years of professional experience in software development
- Tech/team leading experience
- Expertize in Java 8+
- Experience with Spark
- Good understanding of AWS (VPC, S3, EMR, Lambda, API gateway)
- CI/CD (Docker, Terraform, Jenkins, bash scripting)
- Good understanding of Scrum
- Intermediate + English (for international environment)
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers)
- Flexible work hours