Senior Design Strategist DescriptionJob #: 55219
Are you constantly asking questions about how people, businesses, and complex systems work? Do you find yourself digging into details to uncover new opportunities and ideas? Are you interested in using consumer research to design new experiences that truly connect with people? If so, we would like to meet you. EPAM Continuum is seeking an energetic, talented Design Strategist to join our Boston studio.
Design Strategists work on a wide range of projects. While exposed to the entire creative process, they shine in identifying opportunities for businesses to create better experiences for their customers and end-users. They are comfortable working directly with a variety of clients and with Design and Technology practitioners across the wider EPAM Continuum team.
Who We Are
EPAM Continuum integrates business, design, and technology consulting to focus on accelerating breakthrough ideas into meaningful impact. Driving transformation in today’s world requires a uniquely constructed network of connected teams, working across silos, to help tackle our client’s biggest challenges. This is core to our DNA.
The EPAM Continuum network of teams is made up of multi-disciplinary professionals with diverse experiences, including design & business strategists, architects, product, service, & interaction designers, technologists, data analysts, prototypers, and electrical, mechanical, & software engineers.
Some of the world’s most well-respected brands and organizations rely on EPAM Continuum as their innovation partner, including American Express, Bose, Fisher-Price, Herman Miller, Johnson & Johnson, Nestle, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, Reebok, Samsung, Southwest Airlines, and UnitedHealthcare.
We want to meet great people who are interested in working in a global firm where culture matters and curiosity is valued. We work collaboratively. We think globally. We’re passionate. We firmly believe that we can advance lives and bring businesses into the future. And we make it happen every day.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate through all phases of project work including alignment with client, understanding context, developing non-obvious insights, exploring and defining opportunities, creating actionable/tangible design expressions, and helping clients go to market
- Synthesize qualitative and quantitative information to uncover meaningful insights and identify opportunities for clients to create business value while better serving consumers, employees, patients, and end users
- Conceptualize compelling and meaningful opportunities for consumers and clients. In this position you will work closely with designers and engineers to develop ideas for new products, services and experiences
- Explore real world problems using a combination of creative and analytic tools. Question your choices and iterate until you get it right. Develop and test hypotheses with your team and consumers
- Create compelling value propositions for consumers and clients. Articulate ideas for new products, services and experiences that will compel consumers, and contribute to business success. Make tradeoffs to come up with solutions that work for both people and clients
What You Have
- 3-5 years of experience in consulting, design, or product management
- Experience applying design thinking methods to business challenges
- BA/BS or post-graduate degree in a design or creative field (e.g. design, art etc.); a field studying people’s behavior (e.g. anthropology, psychology, history, etc.); or an analytic field (e.g. engineering, business, economics. etc.)
- Excellent presentation, communication, writing and organization skills
- Experience working in group settings, balancing taking direction with working independently
- Exposure to consumer/user research and analysis, ideation, brainstorming techniques, sketching, prototyping, and concept visualization
- Ability to travel up to 30% of each year based on project work needs
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Subsidized)
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare, Dependent Care, Commuter)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability (Company Provided)
- Life and AD&D Insurance (Company Provided)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Matched 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Legal Plan and Identity Theft Protection
- Accident Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Pet Insurance